SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEY
Slip and falls are some of the most common injury claims not involving car crashes. However, slip and fall cases can often be more difficult than you realize. Florida Statute 768.0755 is a statute that governs slip and fall claims. Pursuant to this statute, as well as existing case law, slip and fall victims must prove either 1) that the at-fault party had notice of the condition, 2) that the at-fault party created the condition, or 3) that the at-fault party’s mode of operation led to the condition.
Slip and falls, as well as trip and falls, often occur when a landowner fails to take adequate corrective action or warn of the dangerous condition. These events are unexpected and can result in significant injuries, medical bills and time lost from work. The frustration of growing medical bills and loss of income is compounded by serious injury which may leave you in constant pain or in need of surgery to fix. We have handled many of these claims before, recovering significant compensation for our clients.
When an injury is due to a slip and fall, it is important to contact an experienced lawyer so we can aggressively pursue just compensation for your injury claim.
Slip and falls can occur for many reasons, however, some of the most common reasons include:
- Failing to timely clean up liquids or items on the ground
- Failing to properly clean the floor
- Objects falling and spilling on the ground
- Use of improper flooring material
- Use of improper painting material
- Inadequate lighting
- Lack of policies or procedures to deal with spills
- Failure to maintain equipment
- Lack of warning of a dangerous condition