Holiday Travel can significantly increase your chance of being involved in a car accident. As 2018 comes to an end, it promises to be one of the busiest travel years we have had in some time. AAA is forecasting almost 112.5 million more Americans will travel during this Christmas-to-New Years holidays. Every travel avenue will see an increase in usage, including roadways which is expected to see 4.4% more travel than 2017.
Christmas and the New Year are supposed to be times of joy and excitement. However, with such busy roadways the danger of car accidents cannot be understated. Combined with even more distracted drivers on their cell phones or vehicle infotainment systems, this danger is further increased due to the busy holiday travel season and the road congestion it brings. The American Safety Counsel has named Christmas and New Year’s Day as two of the six most dangerous holidays to travel on the nation’s roadways.
So while you get ready for 2019, the good news is that Floridians are on pace to see a decrease in overall car crashes in 2018 when compared to 2017. The pace will also see an overall decrease in fatal car accidents. The bad news is Floridians are also on pace to see an increase in fatal car accidents involving pedestrians and bicycles.
This holiday travel season keep our roadways safe. Stay off your phones while driving. Concentrate on the vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and everyone else sharing the roadway. Arrive alive and have a healthy and safe New Year!
GET YOUR FREE INJURY CASE REVIEW TODAY
If you have been injured, contact Presser Law for a free case review with an attorney to determine your legal rights. For over 10 years I have represented injury victims throughout Central Florida in their times of need and I would be honored to help you as well.
For more information or to speak with a lawyer about your legal rights following an injury, call 407.216.2000, email me at Justin@FindYourJustice.com.
Justin H. Presser is a car accident, personal injury and wrongful death attorney. Presser Law, P.A. is a Central Florida car accident and personal injury law firm located in Altamonte Springs. Proudly serving all injury victims throughout Central Florida including residents of Brevard County, Lake County, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County, and Volusia County.
Presser Law, P.A. is founded on the idea that injury victims deserve aggressive and straight forward representation to help them through some of their most difficult times. “Fighting for Justice. Fighting for You.” is more than a motto. It is our promise and reminder to our clients that we stand with them, fighting to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
Justin Presser - author
Share This Post
- Dennis Rodman and Your Car Accident or Injury Settlement
- Choose Your Car Accident or Wrongful Death Lawyer Wisely – Keep Your Recovery
- Injury Law Updates: Week of July 22nd
- Injury Law Updates: Week of July 15th
- Injury Law Updates: Week of July 8th
- Injury Law Updates: Week of July 1st
- What Are Commercial Trucking Accidents?
- Injury Law Updates: Week of June 24th
- Injury Law Updates: Week of June 17
- Understanding Florida’s Wrongful Death Act
- Injury Law Updates: Week of June 10
- Florida’s Driving and Texting Ban
- Florida Named Most Dangerous State for Pedestrians
- Florida Accidents and Traffic Deaths Decline in 2018
- Holiday Travel Increases Chance for a Car Accident
- Post-Injury Statements to Insurance Companies
- Injuries Caught On Video – Lights, Camera…Lawsuits?!
- Car Accidents and Florida’s PIP Law
- Time is Running Out – Florida’s Statute of Limitations
- 5 Reasons You Need a Car Accident Lawyer